Knowledge Translation and Exchange Approach
As a Centre for research and professional development in the enhancement of mental health systems, GCMH is uniquely placed to engage with mental health stakeholders at local, regional, and international levels.
Engagement is an integral component of the Centre’s Vision and Mission. Collaboration-Partnerships-Networks are the mechanisms by which Leadership leads to strengthened mental health systems. GCMH actively engages and/or coordinates a range of international mental health networks, through:
- Establishing and supporting knowledge translation and exchange networks and platforms
- Building inter-disciplinary and inter-sectoral collaborations
- Mental health systems capacity building
- Strengthening human rights protections
- Promoting and supporting quality, equity and participation in mental health and social support systems.
Partnerships, collaborations and activities to facilitate knowledge translation and exchange include:
- WHO Collaborating Centre
- International Observatory on Mental Health Systems
- International Mental Health System Development Conferences
- International Journal of Mental Health Systems