1. Kramer MS, Kakuma R. Maternal dietary antigen avoidance during pregnancy or lactation, or both, for preventing or treating atopic disease in the child. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. [In Press] 2012.
2. Kramer MS, Kakuma R. The optimal duration of exclusive breastfeeding: a systematic review. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. [In Press] 2012.
3. Bird P, Campbell-Hall V, Kakuma R and the MHaPP Research Program Consortium – Cross-national qualitative research: the development and application of an analytic framework in the Mental Health and Poverty Project. International Journal of Social Research Methodology. [In Press]
4. Thornicroft G, Cooper S, Van Vortel T, Kakuma R, Lund C. Capacity building in global mental health research. Harvard Review of Psychiatry 2012, 20:13-24.
5. Cooper S, Lund C, Kakuma R. The measurement of poverty in psychiatric epidemiology in LMICs: critical review and recommendations. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology 2011 Nov 30.
6. Cole DC, Davidson C, Hanson L, Jackson SF, Page A, Lencuch R, Kakuma R. Being global in public health practice and research: complementary competencies are needed. Canadian Journal of Public Health 2011 Sep-Oct;102(5):394-7.
7. Wada K, Kakuma R, Ikeda Y, Hoshi K, Sato Y, Hasegawa T, Satoh T. Factors associated with preferences for health system goals in Japan- a pilot study of the World Health Survey. Asia Pacific Journal of Public Health 2011 Sep;23(5):721-9. Epub 2011 Aug 18.
8. Bass JK, Bornemann TH, Burkey M, Chehil S, Chen L, Copeland JRM, Eaton WW, Ganju V, Hayward E, Hock RS, Kidwai R, Kolappa K, Lee PT, Minas H, Or F, GJ, Saraceno B, Patel V. A United Nations General Assembly Special Session for Mental, Neurological and Substance Use Disorders: The Time Has Come. PLOS Medicine 2012, 9(1): e1001159. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.1001159
9. Minas H. The GCMH approach to mental health system development. Harvard Review of Psychiatry 2012, 20:37–46.
10. Lenzi M, Colucci E, Minas H. Suicide, culture and society from a cross-national perspective. Cross-Cultural Research 2011, 46:50-71.
11. Kakuma R, Minas H, van Ginneken N, Dal Poz M, Desiraju K, Morris JE, Saxena S, Scheffler R. Human resource for mental health care: Current situation and strategies for action. The Lancet 2011, 378:1654-1663.
12. Colucci E, Kelly CM, Minas H, Jorm AF, Suzuki Y. Mental Health First Aid guidelines for helping a suicidal person: a Delphi consensus study in Japan. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. 2011, 5:12.
13. Minas H. Zamzam R, Midin M, Cohen A. Attitudes of Malaysian general hospital workers towards mental illness and diabetes. BMC Public Health. 2011, 11:317.
14. Puteh I, Marthoenis M, Minas H. Aceh Free Pasung: Releasing the mentally ill from physical restraint. International Journal of Mental Health Systems 2011, 5:10.
15. Choudhury SN, Chopra P, Minas H. Culture, perception of mental illness and stigma. Asia-Pacific Psychiatry. 2011, 3:42.
16. Minas H, Chopra P, Collings S, Harvey C, Currey N. The Section of Social and Cultural Psychiatry: scope and priorities. Australasian Psychiatry. 2011. 19:177-178.
17. Maramis A, Nguyen VT, Minas H. Mental health in Southeast Asia. The Lancet. 2011. 377:700-702.
18. Afridi SK, Minas H, Afridi NK, Fatima S, Chopra P. Community mental health in Peshawar: The need to reform. Journal of Ayub Medical College Abbottabad. 2010, 22(4):210-214.
19. Minas H, Jorm AJ. Where there is no evidence: use of expert consensus methods to fill the evidence gap in low-income countries and cultural minorities. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. 2010, 4:33.
20. Colucci E, Kelly CM, Minas H, Jorm AF, Dinah Nadera D. Mental Health First Aid guidelines for helping a suicidal person: a Delphi consensus study in the Philippines. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. 2010, 4:32.
21. Beinecke RH, Minas H, Goldsack S, Peters J. Global mental health leadership training programs. International Journal of Leadership in Public Services. 2010, 6 (Supplement):63-72.
22. Ku TK, Minas H. Development of the Nursing Relationships Scale: a measure of interpersonal approaches in nursing care. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. 2010, 4:12.
23. Irmansyah I, Dharmono S, Maramis A, Minas H. Determinants of psychological morbidity in survivors of the earthquake and tsunami in Aceh and Nias. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. 2010, 4:7.
24. Colucci E, Kelly CM, Minas H, Jorm AF, Chatterjee S. Mental Health First Aid guidelines for helping a suicidal person: a Delphi consensus study in India. International Journal of Mental Health Systems 2010, 4:4.
Lewis MJ and Minas H (eds.) Mental Health in Asia and the Pacific: Historical and Comparative Perspectives. New York, Springer (in preparation)
Patel V, Prince M, Cohen A, Minas H. (Eds) (2013). Global mental health: principles and practice. New York, Oxford University Press . Description and table of contents.
Colucci, E. & Lester, D. (Eds) (2013). Suicide and Culture: Understanding the Context. Hogrefe Publishing. Book Review.
Tania Miletic, Marie Piu, Harry Minas, Malina Stankovska, Yvonne Stolk, Steven Klimidis. Guidelines for working effectively with interpreters in mental health settings. (¿ate¿¿¿¿t¿¿¿e¿ ¿d¿¿¿e¿ ¿¿a t¿¿ ap¿te¿esµat¿¿¿ s¿¿e¿¿as¿a µe d¿e¿µ¿¿e¿¿ st¿¿ ¿p¿¿es¿e¿ ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ¿¿e¿a¿) Melbourne, Victorian Transcultural Psychiatry Unit, 2011. (Greek translation by Babel Centre Athens, funded by European Commission.)
Stolk Y, Kouzma N, Chopra P, Oehm D, Minas H. Cultural competence training in mental health: Evaluation of a 6-module course as a component of service development. Melbourne, Victorian Transcultural Psychiatry Unit, 2011.
1. Klimidis S, Minas H. Working with interpreters and achieving culturally competent communication. In: DW Kissane, BD Bultz, P Butow, I Finlay (eds.) Handbook of communication in cancer and palliative care. Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2010.
1. Harry Minas, John Mahoney, Ritsuko Kakuma. Health for the South Community Mental Health Project: Evaluation Report. Melbourne, World Vision Australia, 2011.
2. Minas H. Technical assistance to restructure system of centres for care of mental health patients run by MoLISA: Report to WHO Vietnam on a consultancy, July 2009 (16pp).
Invited Conference papers
** Invited Keynote Address; * Invited Presentation
1. ** Minas H , Migration mental health: Leadership matters, Mental Health Community Coalition ACT Conference, Canberra, 17-18 February , 2011
2. Minas H, Leadership Training and Mental Health System Capacity Building, NIMH “Building Research Capacity and Collaboration in Global Mental Health” conference, Bethesda, Maryland, 24-25 March , 2011
3. ** Minas H, Globalisation and mental health, Mental health policy reform and development. Ministry of Public Health, Taiwan, Taipei, 29 March , 2011
4. Minas H, IOMHS: A research, education and system development network on mental health, XIII International Congress of the International Federation of Psychiatric Epidemiology, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 30 March-2 April, , 2011
5. ** Minas H, The Movement for Global Mental Health, ASEAN Strategic Workshop on Mental Health, Bangkok, 29 June–1 July , 2011
6. ** Minas H, Strengthening Mental Health Systems Research Capacity: The International Observatory on Mental Health Systems, 2nd Annual Suwon International Mental Health Symposium, Suwon, South Korea, 18-20 March , 2010
7. Minas H, Human resources for mental health, Inaugural Forum on Human Resources for Health in the Asia Pacific Region: AusAID HRH Knowledge Hub, University of New South Wales, Sydney, 8-9 April , 2010
8. Minas H, Mental health projects in Vietnam, Vietnam-Australian collaborative oral health initiatives: What has been achieved and where to from here?, University of Melbourne, 23 April , 2010
9. Minas H, International engagement in mental health, Australian High Commission and NH&MRC. Malaysia-Australia Medical Research Colloquium, Kuala Lumpur, 28-29.
10. ** Minas H, The Role of Mental Health in Achieving the Millennium Development Goals, Ministry of Health, Indonesia. “The Role of Mental Health in Achieving the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)”, Jakarta, 24 May , 2010
11. Minas H, Multicultural mental health, Diversity in Health Conference, Melbourne, 7-9 June , 2010
12. Minas H, Building mental health systems that have the capacity to support drug treatment in resource-poor settings, Nossal Institute for Global Health Seminar on Drugs, HIV and Mental Health in Asia, Melbourne, 22 June , 2010
13. Minas H, Mental health services for immigrant communities: How are we doing?, The XXth International Congress of the International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology, Melbourne, 7-10 July , 2010
14. Minas H, Leadership training for mental health system development, Chair, Leadership and management workshop, The Mental Health Services Conference, , Sydney, 14 September , 2010
15. ** Minas H, Mainstreaming community psychiatry: addressing and promoting population-based needs for mental health programming, First National Communty Psychiatry National Seminar, Jakarta, 13 October , 2010
16. ** Minas H, Advocacy on recovery issues to decision makers and Minas, H stakeholders, 6th National Congress of Schizophrenia, Schizophrenia Section of the Indonesian Psychiatric Association, Jakarta, 14-16 October , 2010
17. ** Minas H, Essentials of mental health la Minas, H w, World Mental Health Day Seminar “Urgency of Mental Health Law”, Parliament of Indonesia, Jakarta, 15 October , 2010
18. ** Minas H, Culture, human rights and international mental health, Special Guest Lecture. Culture and International Mental Health Conference, Manchester, 6-7 December , 2010
19. ** Minas H, Strengthening Mental Health Systems Research Capacity: The International Observatory on Mental Health Systems, 2nd Annual Suwon International Mental Health Symposium, Suwon, South Korea, 18-20 March , 2010
20. Minas H, Mental health projects in Vietnam, Vietnam-Australian collaborative oral health initiatives: What has been achieved and where to from here?, University of Melbourne, 23 April , 2010
21. Minas H, International engagement on mental health: The International Observatory on Mental Health Systems, Malaysia-Australia Medical Research Roundtable, Kuala Lumpur, Malysia, 28-29 April , 2010